Sunday, June 20, 2010

Lazy Sunday

I stand here, with the world at my feet, bus pass in hand, a wealth of opportunities before me. I could go to the De Young and see that new French Impressionistic art exhibit! Or I could see if there are any good concerts coming up in the city. OR I could plan that trip to the largest bookstore in the world, out in Portland, Oregon!

But not today. Perhaps tomorrow. Today, is a Sunday, like every other Sunday, just as lazy. Sucking the last dregs of relaxation from the weekend before starting all over again on Monday. That's one thing I really like about the SRJC; three-day weekends, EVERY WEEKEND.

Though I'm not disturbed by this lethargy. I feel like I'm about to kick-start, about to get going, about to be just bored enough with the opportunities afforded me by this laptop and this house to seek adventure elsewhere, and look outward for my enjoyment. A little relaxation is a very, very good thing, so long as it doesn't consume the entirety of your summer. I'm at three weeks, and counting, and I've got plenty of time left.

So my adventuring cap sits on the wall, my camera tucked away, my cell-phone still charging, and my walking shoes too worn-through. For today, is a Lazy Sunday, tomorrow a Bustling Monday, and maybe soon, a day of exploration.

3 comments:

  1. I love your blogs because they're very descriptive and unique. Mine just sound like I'm talking to you while yours sound as if you're actually in some transcendental universe contemplating the various philosophies on life. At least, that's my impression when I read them, though you only have two. You're just creative and awesome like that. hahah

    ReplyDelete
  2. We need to plan our adventures :) let's try and go to the De Young in July.

    And I agree with Rachelle. You really have a way of writing that is very... contemplative, less like you are talking to me. more like you are talking with your mind. I love reading it

    ReplyDelete
  3. I disagree. I feel like your blogs (from the albeit limited number of them that I've read) have a sense of thoughtful discussion to them, reminiscent of a young, busy, 18 year-old girl writing to her diary, and the group of friends she knows "sneak" peeks at it whenever they come over for a slumber party.

    ReplyDelete